Monday, September 30, 2013

The End

Given the genesis of this blog, I suppose it is worth noting that things with The Girlfriend did not work out.  I won’t get into the details except to say a tiny crack developed deep within the foundation of the relationship that widened over time and ultimately caused the entire thing to come crashing down.  I combed through the rubble to try and put the pieces back together, but things didn’t seem to fit together correctly anymore.  Some pieces were missing and news ones had been added.    The mystery of human relationships, I suppose. 

And so obviously the sudden void in my personal life has left me in a somewhat introspective mood.  But oddly not so much about my romantic life (or lack thereof), but of something bigger: Do I know where this is all going?  Am I happy?  Am I satisfied?  The answers are pretty straightforward: No, no, and hell no.  And suddenly this blog seems very claustrophobic. 

People always ask, “What are you passionate about?”  I’ve always struggled with that question and envied those who could rifle off a litany of endeavors that made their blood roil—music, cooking, underwater basket weaving.  I suppose the irony of my struggle to formulate a response is that the answer was so obvious the whole time: writing.  And solving the riddle of passion has made me realize it’s time for something a bit more ambitious than what’s possible within the confines of this blog.  So this will be the last post here.  I am sure that all three people who follow this site will be devastated, but rest assured I shall return.  Bigger.  Better.  Happier.

--KM

"Lend me your ears, and I'll sing you a song.  And I'll try not to sing out of key."

No comments:

Post a Comment